REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 25TH JULY
A chance for young people to express themselves on climate change.
The University of Pavia joins the initiative promoted by the 16th Conference of Young People and invites students to contribute to the “Students Statement” of our University.
The statement has to provide the point of view of young people on climate change and it will be presented during the Conference of Parties (COP 26) of Glasgow, jointly with the documents submitted by other universities.
The statements, focused on climate change, have to include the following content:
- Why your organization or institution is making this statement.
- Why your organization or institution deserves a voice on these issues (you should be sure
to identify what that voice is/what perspective you are coming from e.g. indigenous youth, university educated, frontline community etc.).
- Include a summary of environmental conditions and impacts of climate change in your community, region and country as a whole.
- Identify the specific issues, gaps and challenges in national/regional governance and/or in efforts to address environmental impacts in your community.
- Reference to the wider global movement/community (e.g. YOUNGO) you are part of (to add credibility/weight).
- Make clear what you want to see happen to address these issues.
- Include the time within which this should be accomplished and the consequences of not reaching the goal within that frame.
- You can add what personal commitments your organisation / youth in your community are making.
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
To participate in the working group of UniPv you have to fill out the Google Form by Sunday 25th July, h. 23:59. The Office for Sustainable Actions will collect the inscriptions and will proceed to get the team together.