In accordance with the path pursued by the best international universities, the Rector of the University of Pavia, on 25th February 2020, established OSA – Office for Sustainable Actions. It is a working group on sustainability, with the aim of supporting and sharing the University strategies in this field, through the collection, development and implementation of the best practices already in place as well as the promotion of new initiatives, the elaboration of reporting and programmatic documents and acts, and their divulgation with the university community, the citizenship and the territory, in order to manifest the principles of social responsibility that govern UniPv’s strategic vision.
OSA is coordinated by a Team of professors, students and administrative staff that makes use of the specialized collaborations spread throughout the University with the direct involvement of the Departments, in order to:
- define the objectives to be pursued
- to promote communication on these issues and on the related best practices
- coordinate activities and identify possible synergies between different thematic groups
- enhance the educational offer for the next academic year
- involve students (AIESEC)
- accredit the University as sustainable and increase its visibility (Green Metric)
- facilitate the networking with national and international sustainable universities (RUS)
- facilitate the activation of partnerships with local authorities and public utilities involved
With reference to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development, the following 6 action fields have been defined:
- Buildings and Greenery
- Waste and Circular economy
- Social sustainability
- Health and Wellness
The commitment of the University of Pavia for sustainable development in its social, economic and environmental dimensions, in this first phase, will focus on the promotion of teaching and educational offer for the coming academic year.